I plan on using this blog as a means of posting simple tidbits of info. I help people on a daily basis with items that could be corrected without going to a specialist. I want to start this blog off with one (maybe two) of those instances that occurred yesterday.
Resetting a Linksys Router
1. On the back of the router there will be a small pinhole. Depending on the version of the router it should be on the left or right side of the router.
2. Using a pen or the end of a paper clip, push a small object into the pinhole to depress the button located inside. Do this for 30 SECONDS.
3. Once the 30 seconds is up the lights on the front of the router should flash.
4. This will bring your router back to its original factory settings.
5. Depending on the version of the router your default username should be “admin” and the password is left blank.
6. To access the router’s admin menu all you need to do is open up your browser (internet explorer or firefox as examples) and type 192.168.1.1 and hit enter on the keyboard.